No code tools have taken over formerly code-only sectors of the tech industry. Everything from website building, to app creation, game development, software platforms, and automation can all be created and built by individual makers and a robust set of no code software platforms and tools. The final frontiers - for now! - of no code seem to lie within virtual and augmented reality and artificial intelligence.
Artificial intelligence (AI) encompasses the field of data science and machine learning, as well as their many subsets. Artificial intelligence is when a machine detects patterns using intelligence to determine outcomes from a set of data. This math-heavy field has long been maintained by PhDs and a handful of experts; AI is much needed globally but only 22,000 people qualify for the roles and these positions boast salaries between $300,000 and $500,000. By 2024, AI will be integral to every part of a business, so we have to find a way to get it into the hands of businesses, teams, and individuals. We desperately need to open up the field and include more people in the creation of artificial intelligence applications. The best way to do this is to turn everyone into an AI expert using a software platform or tool that simplifies and quickens the application creation process. Ideally, this would mean creating a no code platform that would enable and empower anyone to build AI tools. So, is it possible: Is artificial intelligence ready for the no code revolution?
We’re obviously biased, but we believe artificial intelligence is in the exact sweet spot to enter the no code market. Even a few years ago, it would have been very difficult to create a platform that allowed anyone to build AI applications without users having to understand AI fully. That includes programming languages of Python or R, setting up notebooks (like Jupyter), data cleansing and creation, and what artificial intelligence actually is. We believe that now it’s possible for a user to skip these steps to create their ideal AI tool.
Companies in the data science and AI space
There are many companies entering the field of artificial intelligence with no code and low code platforms. See some of the platforms below that are enabling developers and data scientists to speed along their AI development process, software that puts small businesses on an even playing field to enterprise, and tools that empower any users to build AIs without coding.
- Amazon SageMaker quickens the process for data scientists and developers for training and deploying machine learning models with their Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- Deep Cognition is a drag-and-drop, no code platform for developers to create Deep Learning (DL) networks with AutoML.
- Teachable Machine is from Google and allows anyone to use their personal data, such as photos, videos, and sound to train an AI.
- Metaranx is a software platform that allows anyone to build AI applications without having to code and also enables users to build businesses by sharing and selling their AI creations.
- Microsoft’s AI Builder enables anyone in an enterprise organization to easily build, train, and publish AI models without coding by using their prebuilt or configurable templates and a guided process.
- Obviously AI’s no code, drag-and-drop platform provides predictions in under 30 seconds on data and is ideal for small and medium businesses (SMBs) who may not have data science resources.
- Peltarion provides real-world AI applications at scale and speed using their drag-and-drop operational AI platform.
- Skyl.ai allows for faster creation and deployment of ML models without having to code to simplify work flows.
With so many companies trying to simplify, quicken, or achieve no code in the field of developing artificial intelligence applications, it’s clear that AI and no code are slowly coming together. We’re excited for a future where anyone can build AI applications. A future where small businesses can compete with large companies and where marketing, design, and customer service teams can build the data science tools they need. This is also a world where bias does not exist in artificial intelligence applications and companies can outsource their needs to individual creators and makers. This is not a far off dream and we’re excited to be part of the no code revolution in AI.
Author Bio: Samantha Lloyd is the co-founder and CEO of Metaranx, the no code AI builder. She is a digital marketing expert who lives for a good content swap and some well-played SEO. In her free time, Samantha hosts the Toronto startup podcast, Float or Founder, and enjoys her city’s endless food options with the people she loves.